A Highly Skilled Team Specializing in Diagnostic Services
North Canyon Medical Center offers a full-service laboratory department staffed by a team of specialists who are committed to providing high-quality diagnostic services for healthcare providers and patients.
- Our staff are highly trained and highly competent.
- The laboratory utilizes cutting-edge analyzers and equipment to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Our laboratory staff are available 24 hours a day to assist inpatients (Emergency Room patients and patients admitted to the nursing floor).
- Blood draws are available every Monday at the Hagerman Senior Center from 8 – 11am.
Extensive Lab Services
From basic to complex testing, the laboratory at North Canyon Medical Center is well prepared to assist you with all your blood work needs.
- Our laboratory personnel is highly skilled in drawing blood.
- Our laboratory performs the following areas of testing: Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Immunoassay, Serology, Coagulation, Molecular testing, Microbiology, and Urinalysis.
- Only licensed staff members are employed to process your results.
Helping Your Doctor Help You
North Canyon Medical Center and the American Red Cross work in partnership to ensure that blood transfusion services are accessible and convenient for residents and visitors of Gooding County.
Many people who require blood transfusions also suffer from conditions that make traveling long distances more difficult. Fortunately, North Canyon Medical Center provides services that are both close to home and personalized. Patients can receive their pre-transfusion lab work and the transfusion together, all in the comfort and privacy of a patient room that provides a bed, television, telephone, meals, and accommodations for visitors.
Drug & Alcohol Screening
Drug & Alcohol Screenings are a valuable component of an employer’s Drug-Free Workplace Program and can help protect the health and safety of all employees. Not only can it be an effective deterrent to the use of drugs and alcohol, but it also helps employers identify workers who need substance abuse counseling or who might be a threat to workplace safety.
The North Canyon Medical Center laboratory works directly with area employers to conduct various forms of employee drug testing. By becoming a Drug-Free Workplace, employers can receive Federal benefits. Employers interested in starting a Drug-Free Program can contact our Laboratory Director for reference information.
Employers currently participating in the Drug-Free Program can contact North Canyon Medical Center for information on transferring their drug testing to the North Canyon Medical Center laboratory. Currently, our laboratory offers Breath Alcohol Testing and Urine Drug Screen Collection. Drug screening services are available Monday–Friday 9:00AM – 4:00PM.